Patient Care Coordinator
About the Job:
Assist members in obtaining services according to national practice guidelines through educating, inspiring, and empowering the member. Helps secure resources and coordinate efforts to ensure members are getting needed services to improve quality metrics.
- Provide telephonic outreach to members to educate, support, and assist members with getting needed services.
- Identify barriers to care and develop solutions to address any barriers.
- Serve as an advocate for the member to meet their needs.
- Understands and supports the Cooperative’s quality improvement metrics.
- Identify opportunities to improve Quality Improvement processes.
- Attends and participates in Quality Improvement meetings.
- Collaborate and maintain positive, effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintains outstanding level of service at all points of contact.
- Displays empathy toward members.
- Associates degree in a medical office, HIT or equivalent.
- Two to three years of prior customer service experience.
- High degree of empathy in dealing with a diverse population.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and managed health care is desirable.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet navigation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and PowerPoint is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, organizational, project management, and math skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in working for a company that believes that authentic relationships can make a real difference in the quality and value of health care, send your resume today to: firstname.lastname@example.org Group Health Cooperative offers an exceptional compensation package including three weeks of PTO the first year, a generous retirement plan, employer sponsored health (up to 90%) and dental insurance (85%), a wellness program and much more! Group Health Cooperative is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer