Strawberry Banana Santas
November 30, 2018 - Posted by
December is almost here! It’s time to start planning for holiday parties that you may be invited to. There are many tips and tricks that help me to stay on track with my wellness goals over the holidays. One of those tricks is to always bring a healthy option to any holiday gathering I attend. This way I know there will be at least one healthy option available, and I can feel good knowing I helped others make a healthy choice as well.
As I was searching for a new healthy option to bring to my next holiday gathering, I stumbled across these Strawberry Banana Santa’s recipe. How cute are these?! In this recipe, they call for cottage cheese to be the “binding” agent, but I have created a recipe that is a little bit different below.
Strawberry Banana Santas:
- 2 pounds of strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/2-2 cups of vanilla Greek yogurt (my favorite brands are Oikos Triple Zero or Dannon Light and Fit)
- Black gel icing tube or pen
- 1 cup marshmallows (optional as a Santa hat topper)
Putting it together:
- De-leaf each strawberry and slice each strawberry toward the top to make two strawberry pieces.
- Slice the bananas into 1/4 inch slices.
- Spread a small amount of vanilla Greek yogurt on both sides of the banana slices. Place the banana slices between the top and bottom portions of the strawberries.
- Create eyes using the black gel icing.
- Optional: place a small amount of vanilla Greek yogurt at the pointed end of the strawberry and add a marshmallow on top to make it look like a Santa hat.
What are some other healthy options that you could bring to your next holiday gathering? Share them in the comments below!
Five Gift Ideas for the Health Conscious Individual
500, 750 or 1000 Rep Workout
Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai... Just Trust Me!