Our Anniversary Cake
August 17, 2018 - Posted by
Today marks our 5-year wedding anniversary! Wow, how time flies! My husband and I typically plan to go out for a nice dinner to celebrate, but this year I also wanted to include a cake for dessert. I heard a few years ago about substituting all the extra ingredients called for in cake mix for a soda or diet soda. This can help eliminate some extra calories from a sweet treat.
This year I am planning to make a strawberry cake with vanilla frosting. The calorie total comes to 360 calories per slice! Here is the recipe:
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist white cake mix
- 1 can diet Sprite or Sprite Zero (12 oz.)
- 1 container fresh strawberries, rinsed and cut
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons low-fat plain greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Putting it together:
- Add diet Sprite or Sprite Zero to cake batter. Mix together without overmixing. Bake cake as directed on the box.
- Once cake is baked and cooled, combine all frosting ingredients together and spread on the cake.
- Place fresh strawberries on top of the cake as you wish. (Maybe in a heart shape!)
What other healthy desserts have you made? Share them in the comments below!
Upgrade that Lunch Box
Enjoying the Time Before School Starts
A New Water Sport