Last-Minute Mother's Day Gift Ideas
May 09, 2019 - Posted by
It's Mother's Day this weekend which means you'd better have your mom's card in the mail already... or let's be real, she's probably expecting it next Tuesday!
For those of you that aren't quite on the ball, here are some ideas for the favorite mom in your life.
1. A clean house! Give mom the gift of not cleaning, and putting her feet up (without shoes, though. What? Were you born in a barn?!) on a dust-free table, hot mug of coffee in hand and relaxing. To find a cleaning service, check Angie's List or ask your friends for recommendations.
2. Speaking of coffee... I know that many of my days are run on coffee so I would love a gift card from my favorite shop. Or, buy mom a bag of her favorite coffee beans for the week.
3. Long Distance Touch Lamp. Is your mom out of town? These long distance touch lamps could make a sweet present. Both people get a lamp, connect it to the Wifi in their own homes and when you touch the lamp in your house, the other lamp glows in your mom's house! I had never heard of these before, they sound really cool. Bonus points if you include a reminder of your mom's Wifi password with the gift.
4. Cook her dinner! If she loves to cook, buy her a gift card to one of the popular meal delivery services like Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, Purple Carrot (vegan), or Home Chef.
5. If you're mom is active, try these!
-Fitness Tracker (I love my Fitbit)
-Race Entry-for those in the Western Wisconsin area, check the Run Eau Claire calendar for race options.
-Good socks-I know I've brought up my beloved SmartWool socks before, and there are many different brands to choose from, but a good pair of socks is necessary when you're on your feet running/walking/biking for any period of time.
-Yoga-purchase a punch card or a single class for mom and help her unwind.
6. Massage certificate. YES PLEASE!
7. A Photobook. Whether you choose Shutterfly, Snapfish, Chatbooks (my favorite), Walgreens or any other photo app, the whole family would enjoy a compilation of photos from the past year. Similarly, what about an illustrated family portrait?
I'm sure anything you do or any gift you give to mom will be well received. If you can, try to spend the day together and enjoy that time. So, to all the mothers and/or maternal figures out there--Happy Mother's Day!
Ten Ways You Can Improve Your Mental Health
Spring Activities for the Whole Family
Meal Prep: Italian-inspired Pasta with Chicken and Roasted Vegetables